The Call for Papers for the 2008 East of California Conference has been extended to Monday, June 30, 2008. Please do consider sending in an abstract–if you have any questions, feel free to contact one of the EOC co-chairs (contact information listed below in the CFP).
2008 East of California Conference: A Movement to Look Back To
October 31, 2008 – November 1, 2008
The University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
ABSTRACTS DUE: Monday, June 30, 2008
Possible topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Transnationalism & Cosmopolitanism
• Demographic Shifts
• Border studies
• Cross-ethnic/racial collaborations and coalitions
• Multi-disciplinary/inter-disciplinary collaborations and coalitions
• Scholar-activist work, within and outside the academy
• Civil Liberties and Civil Rights, before and after 9/11
• Teaching in the 21st century
• The state of “Asian America”
• Asian American methodologies and epistemologies
• Asian American visual cultures
• The Asian American archive: what is it and where is it?
Requirements for Submission:
• Roundtable: 1 page curriculum vitae; 1 page outline for 5-7 minute remarks
• Panel: 1 page curriculum vitae per participant; 1 page panel abstract (500 words)
• Individual paper: 1 page curriculum vitae; 1 page panel abstract (250 words)
Please send electronic copies of all materials to both Cathy Schlund-Vials (email@example.com) and Jennifer Ho (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 30, 2008.