Rev. Daniel Cho. Photo Credit: UMC
United Methodist Minister Daniel Cho responds to the tragic Asiana Airlines crash in San Francisco. Speaking as a Korean American, Rev. Cho expresses the shared hurt that some Koreans and Korean Americans are experiencing in the wake of this tragedy. “There’s a communal sense of — the word is called Han, a sense of pain that we can’t do anything about,” says the Rev. Cho. “We do feel that pain.”
Andrew Sung Park discusses the concept of Han in his article “Healing the Wound of Asian American Christian Families in the Context of Confucianism and Christianity.” Dr. Park’s article reflects on the nature of suffering shared by members of Korean culture. He describes Han as, “a wound caused by personal or structural dimensions of society, culture, and tradition.”
More at CBS News.
The long anticipated SANACS Journal 2012-2013 is now available in trade paperback for order HERE. Available now for 19.00USD.
This issue features articles from Asian American Equipping Symposia II & III.
AAES II: “The Lost Coin”
- Esther Chung Kim – “Traditioning” Both Ways: Re-Interpreting Christianity for Asian Americans
- Amos Yong – What Asian, Which American? Whose Evangelion? Whither Asian American Evangelical Theology?
- Charlene Jin Lee – A Response to Mirrored Reflections
AAES III: “Healing of Memories”
- Richard J. Mouw – Shalom and Confucian Harmony
- Miyoung Yoon Hammer – Psychological Homelessness: Healing Intergenerational Wounds
- Andrew Sung Park – Healing the Wound of Asian American Christian Families in the Context of Confucianism and Christianity
- Annie Tsai – Healing of Memories: Three Identity Wounds from Confucianism in Asian American Christianity
- Jeney Park-Hearn – First Response to Park & Tsai
- Andrew Lee – Second Response to Park & Tsai
- Amos Yong – Asian American Historicity: Problems and Promises for Evangelical Theology
- Henry Kuo – Forgiving From Liminal Space: Locating Asian American Theologies of Forgivness
Posted in publications
Tagged Amos Yong, Andrew Lee, Andrew Sung Park, Annie Tsai, Charlene Jin Lee, Esther Chung Kim, Henry Kuo, Jeney Park-Hearn, Justin K.H. Tse, Miyoung Yoon Hammer, Paul Junggap Huh, Richard Mouw, SANACS Journal 2012-2013
SANACS Journal #4 is undergoing final editing and will be available soon!
This issue includes article contributions by: Esther Chung Kim, Amos Yong, Charlene Jin Lee, Richard Mouw, Miyoung Yoon Hammer, Andrew Sung Park, Annie Tsai, Jeney Park-Hearn, Andrew Lee, and Henry Kuo. Also find book reviews by: Justin K.H. Tse, Paul Junggap Huh, and Amos Yong.
Posted in publications
Tagged Amos Yong, Andrew Lee, Andrew Sung Park, Annie Tsai, Charlene Jin Lee, Esther Chung Kim, Henry Kuo, Jeney Park-Hearn, Justin K.H. Tse, Miyoung Yoon Hammer, Paul Junggap Huh, Richard Mouw, SANACS 4